Length of Commitment
Letters of Reference
- Volunteers must be able to commit to one 3-hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months. Volunteers who are able to commit to a longer time period are encouraged to do so. We do not offer any full-time volunteer positions.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old. Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian fill out a Parental Consent Form. For those volunteers still in high-school, we have limited volunteer opportunities, especially during the school year. We encourage high-school students to volunteer during the summer months.
- Volunteers must submit three letters of reference, preferably emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference letters must be emailed from the reference or be in a pdf document (we do not accept word documents from the volunteer applicant). References can be from anyone other than a relative and the letter must speak to the volunteer’s character, interest, and strengths that would make him/her a suitable volunteer at BMC.
- Once accepted, Immunization Records must be sent to Volunteer Services either by mail, fax, or email.
- Once accepted, volunteers may be required to complete a CORI criminal background check.