Refer a Patient
We are committed to providing a high level of assistance to our physician colleagues within BMC and outside of the BMC system, as well. Whether for diagnostics, treatment, a single consultation, second opinion or ongoing follow-up, our physicians will keep the consulting physician fully informed of the patient's treatment plan and coordinate long term management.
We offer several specialized services for patients referred to us for evaluation and/or care:
- Office-based geriatrics primary care at our Geriatrics Ambulatory Practice.
- Inter-disciplinary geriatrics consultation at our Geriatrics Assessment Clinic to provide you with expert evaluation of your older patient. We emphasize maintenance of the patient’s relationship with you, as their primary care physician, while providing you, your patient and their family with a comprehensive evaluation report and suggested next steps and resources.
- Interim or long term geriatrics primary care for your patients requiring nursing home care.
- Home-based primary care for patients who are functionally home-bound and are no longer able to be seen in an ambulatory care setting.
- Inpatient specialized Geriatrics care for inpatients requiring evaluation and acute hospital care.
We also provide geriatrics education for community-based physicians. Contact us for more information about these education programs.
To refer a patient to our Geriatric Ambulatory Practice, please call 617.414.4639 or fax referral to: 617.414.4094.