HIV Counselor (Full-Time)
- Conducting pre-and-post HIV test counseling sessions and performs HIV tests;
- Consulting clinic staff on issues regarding HIV/AIDS prevention;
- recording and maintaining program data; and
- Light case management and referral services for clients.
- HIV counseling and testing certification;
- Experience using OraSure (OMT) and OraQuick Advance (Rapid Test);
- An interest in HIV prevention and education;
- Demonstrated sensitivity to populations at risk for HIV
- Demonstrated ability to work with community-based organizations;
- Strong computer skills (email, internet, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access);
- strong writing skills;
- experience working within an interdisciplinary team;
- excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; and
- motivation and self-direction
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Medical and dental insurance
- Vision care insurance
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- 403(b) open retirement plan
- BMC 403(b) retirement plan
- Earned time and extended sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Mortgage assistance program
- MBTA Passes
American with Disabilities:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, may apply for the position of HIV Counselor, Candidates must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis
Bi-lingual/bi-cultural candidates are encouraged to apply!
For more information and/or to apply for this position by submitting a resume, please contact Vanessa Sasso at 617.414.5432 or Vanessa.Sasso@bmc.org.