- Anal Dysplasia and Anal Cancer
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Related Diseases
- Infrared Coagulation (IRC) Therapy
- Project RESPECT: Pregnancy and Addiction Medicine
- Women with Disabilities
- Refugee Women’s Health
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
BMC is Boston's leader in addiction treatment during pregnancy. In collaboration with local methadone clinics, BMC offers an interdisciplinary treatment program involving high-risk obstetrical care, psychiatric evaluation and treatment, group counseling services, and individual support for addiction recovery and labor coaching via the Birth Sisters program. The members of our on-site treatment team include two obstetricians, a clinical nurse specialist, a psychiatrist and a nurse case manager. In addition, we are the only obstetrical service in the greater Boston area providing buprenorphine treatment for opioid addiction.
We offer complete reproductive health services including pre-conception counseling, family planning, prenatal and complete gynecological care for women with disabilities and work in collaboration with the other departments to provide comprehensive health care.
In 2006 the Boston Center for Refugee Health and Human Rights (BCRHHR) at Boston Medical Center was created. BCRHHR is a women's health clinic specializing in the care of female survivors of torture. The Refugee Women's Health Clinic specializes in the physical, psychiatric and legal care for women who are refugees or asylum seekers in the Boston area. We provide general Ob/Gyn care for these women. In addition, we specialize in treatment of women who have survived sexual trauma, undergone female genital mutilation, or are experiencing secondary infertility and chronic pelvic pain. We have provided these specialized services for over 350 refugee women from over 18 countries.
In the past, most surgery was done through large incisions. With new advances in laparoscopic or minimally invasive surgery, this is no longer the case. Patients can now experience smaller scars, faster recoveries, less time in the hospital, decreased blood loss and less pain.
At BMC we can perform the following minimally invasive obstetric and gynecological procedures:
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain.
- Laparoscopic Evaluation for Infertility
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic Salpingo-Oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic Lysis of Adhesions
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Hysteroscopic Polypectomy
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic Resection of Uterine Septum
- Hysteroscopic Endometrial Ablation
- Hysteroscopic Sterilization (Essure)