American Parkinson Disease Association
Information & Referral Center
at Boston Medical Center
The Information & Referral Center, located at Boston Medical Center, was established in 1980.
The Center serves as a resource for those with Parkinson's disease and their loved ones, as well as healthcare providers. Patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, and the greater community can receive support regardles of their affiliation with the hospital.
Services provided by the APDA Information & Referral Center include:
- A telephone helpline, (617) 638-8466 or (800) 651-8466
- A comprehensive resource referral network
- Support group assistance
- Educational symposia
- Counseling and guidance
- Information updates to those on the Center's mailing list through newsletters and other special event announcements
- Training and support for healthcare professionals
Other services provided by the Information & Referral Center
- Implementation of regional conferences
- Participation in community awareness and public relations activities
- Publication of the newsletter Parkinson Report
- Maintaining a state-wide website: www.apdama.org/
If you would like to visit us in person, or for questions regarding support groups, conferences, or community activies, please call the APDA Information & Referral Center at (617) 638-8466 or (800) 651-8466.