Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders common in young women including:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Menstrual period management for patients with special health care needs, such as wheel chair-bound individuals
- Evaluation for suspected or known bleeding disorder or clotting predisposition
- Anemia in the setting of menorrhagia
- General contraceptive management
Patients can also be quickly referred to one of many of BMC’s renowned specialty services including gynecology, endocrinology and nutrition and weight management for additional diagnosis and treatment. The staff works closely with a patient’s pediatrician or family medicine doctor to make appropriate referrals.