Key Principles and Values
- Family-Centered Care: We are partners with children’s families to raise healthy, well-adjusted children with good habits for lifelong health.
- Quality medical services emphasizing prevention: we are committed to bringing our patients and families the very best medical care available anywhere.
- We celebrate cultural diversity: We have a multi-lingual and multi-cultural staff, and easy access to BMC Interpreter Services to enable families to participate in the care of their children delivered within the program.
Located on the 5th floor of the Yawkey building, Primary Care includes the services and support of:
- The Family Help Desk - a program of Health Leads, trains undergraduate volunteers to provide families resources on housing, food, child care, fuel assistance, education, jobs and many other needs.
- Reach Out and Read - every child gets a book at each routine visit from 6 months to 6 years.
- Emphasis on child development (modeled after Bright Futures)
- Lactation Services
- The Medical-Legal Partnership|Boston
- The Kids Fund
- Our new Pediatrics Family Resource Center