Langmore FEES Course: A Procedure for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia (or the swallowing function)
This Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) program provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of the FEES procedure and gain experience with interpreting FEES for the evaluation and management of oropharyngeal dysphagia or the swallowing function.
Register Now for the FEES Course (follow this link to Registration Form to pay by Credit Card, check or cash). Please contact Peggy Belmonte 603.702.1571 or email@example.com with any questions.
Langmore Foundation FEES Course - Two Days (Course Description and Fee)
Langmore Advanced FEES Course - One Day (Course Description and Fee)
Langmore Foundation FEES Program - Two Days
Dates: October 3 & 4, 2014 This course is closed; January 9 & 10, 2015; April 24 & 25, 2015; June 5 & 6, 2015; October 2 & 3, 2015
The Foundation course is taught by Susan Langmore, PhD. BRS-S, who developed the FEES procedure in 1988. She has used it with all types of adult patients, including ICU, inpatients, outpatients and nursing home patients. She is experienced in working with virtually all types of dysphagia. Dr. Langmore is a full time clinician who also conducts extensive research and has given presentations on dysphagia around the world. Dr. Langmore will be assisted by other speech pathologists and otolaryngologists in the department who use this procedure.
The participant (physician or speech pathologist) will attain a minimal level of competence in performing the protocol, interpreting the results of FEES examinations and using endoscopy to guide therapy for patients with dysphagia. With a guarantee of passing the endoscope at least 5 times, he/she will become familiar with handling the endoscope passing it into the hypopharynx, and manipulating the scope within and around the larynx to attain an optimal view.
On conclusion of the program, the participants will be able to:
1. Understand what can be visualized and understood about normal and abnormal swallowing from an endoscopic image.
2. Know clinical indications and risks for performing FEES®.
3. Follow a protocol for administering a FEES exam.
4. Identify key structures, identify and interpret findings, and apply appropriate therapeutic interventions during the performance of a FEES exam.
5. Implement and adapt the FEES protocol for different patient populations and settings.
6. Know how to use endoscopy to manage patients with dysphagia.
7. Learn how to implement FEES into their employment setting.
8. Have an introductory level of skill in passing the endoscope safely and know how to position the scope to get an ideal view during the FEES examination.
Please follow the link below to Register for the course. Please contact Peggy Belmonte 603.702.1571 firstname.lastname@example.org
Register Now for the FEES Course (follow this link to Registration Form to pay by Credit Card, check or cash)
Langmore FEES Advanced Program - One Day Course
Advanced Course Overview and Agenda (PDF)
Date: Saturday – November 7, 2015
There must be at least 20 attendees to hold the course. If there are not 20 participants your fee will be returned.
The final date for registering for the course is Octber 23, 2015.
Advanced Course Registration $300.00 each
For more information on the Foundation or Advanced FEES courses, please contact Peggy Belmonte at 603.702.1571 or email@example.com.
Transportation to Boston and Parking Information
Logan airport is 5 and 1/4 miles from Boston Medical Center (BMC).
- The Metropolitan Transit Authority has trains/buses to/from the airport and the city.
- A taxi will cost approximately $35.00
- If you are driving to the Boston Medical Center, campus parking is available at garages located at, 710 Albany Street, Boston MA, 02118
Please book your hotel early as they sometimes do not have available rooms.
Hampton Inn & Suites Boston Crosstown Center
811 Massachusetts Ave, Boston, MA 02118
Around $179-$300 per night
Typically provide a 10% discount if you mention you’re staying for a course at Boston Medical Center. Within walking distance to BMC.
Marriott Courtyard Boston-South Boston
63 R Boston St., Boston, MA 02125
Around $269 per night. Inquire for discount for BMC
Boston Marriott Copley Place
110 Huntington Avenue, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02116
Around $269-$450 per night
The Colonnade Hotel Back Bay
120 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116
Around $260-$360 per night
140 Clarendon Street, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02116
Around $160-270 per night
Mandarin Oriental Boston
776 Boylston Street, Boston MA 02199
Around $600-800 per night