Margaret M. Shea RN Adult Day Health Program
The Margaret M. Shea RN Adult Day Health Program (formerly Mattapan Adult Day Health Program) offers families peace of mind and a support system to help them with decisions involving the care of their loved ones.
Our program has provided daycare services to Boston area adults and seniors for over 28 years.
- For many frail elderly, adult day care allows them to live alone, or with family, postponing and often preventing nursing home placement.
- Our adult day program also serves adults (age 18 and over) who may have disabilities that prevent them from being completely independent.
- This environment offers structure to the isolated, confused, or depressed in a home-like setting.
- The program provides respite to the primary caregiver to be employed outside the home while their family member attends the day program.
The Margaret M. Shea RN Adult Day Health Program is a program of services provided in an ambulatory, home-like setting for adults who do not require 24-hour institutional care, but because of physical and/or mental impairment, are not completely able to live independently.
The Services Offered by the Adult Day Health Program Include
- Social Services
- Activities, Arts & Crafts, Games
- Breakfast / Lunch / Snack
Payment methods for Adult Day Health include Medicaid, private pay and other senior health care sources.
To refer a client to the Adult Day Health Program, please fill out the application and medical forms or contact us for assistance. The application form is to be filled out by the referral source or family member and the medical form is to be filled out by the client’s physician. Please return completed forms by mail, fax or email to apply.
If you need further information regarding the program we will be happy to answer questions or schedule a visit.
Please call 617.298.7970 for arrangements to tour our site.