We offer a wide range of medical and confidential counseling services designed to keep you healthy. Programs include:
- Nutrition counseling
- Prenatal care and classes
- Social services: housing, benefits, school, immigration and family issues
- Stay healthy care for all teens
- Sports and employment physical examinations
- Specialized care in gynecology, endocrinology, surgery, allergy, cardiology, neurology
The family planning program is designed to give you the facts about sex and all the issues and concerns surrounding sex. Family planners are available to talk to you, answer your questions and help you make the right decisions for yourself. We can talk with you about: i) effective contraception and pregnancy prevention; ii) responsible sexual behavior; iii) prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases; and iv) HIV/AIDS risk assessment and risk reduction.
- Healthy sexuality for young men and women
- Confidential HIV counseling and testing
- Screening, diagnosis and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
You can meet with a dietician to discuss healthy eating habits, weight management, cholesterol, diabetes and anemia management.
The Adolescent Center’s Teen and Tot Program offers a ten week prenatal education class free of charge in a friendly and welcoming environment. Each class focuses on different aspects of the newborn, targeted to the needs of teenage parents - both mothers and fathers. Subjects covered include:
- Prenatal care
- Delivery and post-partum recovery
- Newborn and toddler development
- School and work issues
- Support and education for young fathers
- Housing and benefits information
Classes are held weekly and food is provided. Family members and friends are welcome to attend. Learn more about prenatal classes.
The Adolescent Center has three social workers on staff, so someone is always present to help you. The social services staff can help you address issues of housing, eligibility for benefits, social, immigration and family issues, among others. Bilingual staff is available. To make an appointment with any of the social workers, please call the Adolescent Center at 617.414.4086.